Saturday, January 31, 2009

To Landon


The other day I was having a pretty emotional day. Well, while I was work, I decided to google my name, then Jeremy's name, then I googled Landon's name. I found of course the normal websites with the events that transpired on April 1, 2004, the pictures of Landon and of course the obituary, which still makes me cry. But, then I found another website that I had not seen before. There were only a few posts from people that loved Landon and one from Stephen (Jeremy's older brother, long story) though he never got to meet Landon, he was very touched and inspired by him, his talents and how many lives Landon had touched in his short life here and wrote on that site.





Landon:


You are so dearly missed by all of us. There is not one day that goes by that Jeremy nor I don't think about you. Although we know that you are rockin out in Heaven, that doesn't make the pain go away. Everytime we look at precious little Evan, we can't help but think about how much he favors you. I still remember the very last time we saw you. I remember how much you made us all laugh and how adorably handsome you were. You were going to be a heartbreaker that's for sure. I remember when you would play the guitar for me and tell me all about your new band that you were in and how excited you were about it. Me and Jeremy would talk about how you were going to be famous one day and that we would see you on MTV rockin that guitar. You were the next SRV! We were truly proud of you! You were an awesome kid. I am soooo very blessed and grateful that I had you in my life, for only a few years, but I will never forget you. You were an awesome brother in law and I know you would've been an awesome uncle to Evan. My only wish is that we would've had more time with you. That you would've got to meet Evan and to play in a band with Jeremy. You are terribly missed. I know that we will all get to see you again one day, but that still doesn't make the pain go away. We love you Mr. Landini:)

Oh and by the way, if I never told you thank you for all those times you came down to visit me at Circuit City with coffee in hand, from barnes......Thank you:) You brightened my days:)





No comments: