Thursday, June 23, 2011

Stay at home MOM



Life as a stay at mom...... well, what can I say about it? I have no time for anything:) LOL!!!!!!






My thoughts were extremely inaccurate before I became a stay at home mommy. I really thought that being a stay at home mom, I would have "time" to do things......................... Granted, there are those moments when I get to do some things....but the life of a stay at mom is just as fast paced as the rest of the world, we just do not have to be at a place of employment by 8 am. We're already at our place of employment. My job does not begin at 8am nor does it end at 5pm. My job is very demanding and amazing at the same time, without the pay, of course (except when I'm doing the laundry! Thank you JeReMy!) I don't get sick days or vacation days or insurance........ But, I do get lots of hugs and kisses all day long!!!!!!!






My life consists of being the best mommy and wife my family could ask for.. I spend my days cleaning the house, doing the laundry, wiping alllll of the little handprints and doodles (that Evan has ever so graciously drawn on my walls!), play dates, coloring, games, oh and some cooking/baking, too!






When God answered my prayers and opened a door for me to stay home. I found myself, suddenly, very apprehensive about it. Besides, the normal question, can we make it on 1 income..... My fear was, that I would lose myself in the process. That somehow, having a job defined me as a person. But, the main lesson that I have learned from this....is............ having an outside job doesn't define me. It doesn't make me the person that I am or the person that I so desperately WANT to be! It's my character that defines me! It's my family and friends and my relationships with people that define me. God made me with great plans and purpose! (Jeremiah 29:11, I know the plans that I have for you, declares the LORD. They are plans for peace and not disaster, plans to give you a future filled with hope.)



I know that I don't have it all figured out just yet, but I'm working on it!






My life with my family is 1000x better than I ever fathomed! Thank you Lord for being so gracious and allowing me the opportunity to stay home! Now please will you help me to maintain my sanity, so I can figure this new life as I know it, out!


AMEN!

No comments: